All of our hosted solutions are fully managed, we do not allow any FTP, SSH or Console access to our servers.
We do not limit the amount of disk space that a single customer can use on the basis that customers use the service in good faith and in accordance with these terms. The use of the term unlimited relates to the amount of disk space and bandwidth that a small business or home user requires to run their websites.
If a hosted website is identified as being close to exceeding reasonable limits for CPU / Memory / MySQL usage on a consistent basis, Proper Websites will advise alternative and more appropriate hosting services such as a Virtual Private Server (VPS) or a Dedicated Server.
Exclusions from our service
The following are specifically excluded / not allowed on our service:
- Adult Content
- Any content that contravenes our Acceptable Usage Policy
The Customer is responsible for ensuring that they will not display via the webspace any materials which:
- Break, contravene, infringe or violate any UK or Foreign Laws or regulations;
- Break, contravene, infringe or violate any intellectual property rights of Proper Websites or any other third party;
- Are defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Are harassing or threatening;
- Are discriminatory based on gender, race, age or promotes hate;
- Violate any Proper Websites policy posted on the Proper Websites website and which includes but is not limited to our Acceptable Usage Policy;
- Contain viruses or other computer programming defects which result in damage to Proper Websites or any third party
The Customer is responsible for ensuring that they have made back-up files using a suitable WordPress Backup plugin.
Monthly subscription fees are payable on the same day each calendar month.
Any suspension of fee will result in the website being taken offline following 7 days non-payment of fee owed.
In such instances, if a Customer’s account is suspended there shall be a £10 reactivation charge, which can only be waived at the our sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Customer agrees that Proper Websites shall, under no circumstances, be liable for any damages resulting from loss of profits or data arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. In particular Proper Websites will not be liable for the following:
- Interruption of the Customer’s business; events beyond the reasonable control of Proper Websites
- Proper Websites maximum aggregate liability shall not exceed the greater of: (a) the total amount paid by the Customer for the total of the first Monthly Fee or the Annual Fee, whichever is applicable; or (b) £30.00 (UK Pounds)
INDEMNIFICATION OF PROPER WEBSITES
The Customer agrees to indemnify Proper Websites and employees and directors against any action arising from action on the part of Registered or Unregistered Users of the Service.
Proper Websites shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under this Agreement which is due to or results from any acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including acts of God, strike, work stoppages, governmental regulations, acts or directives, war, riot, fire, flood, civil commotion, equipment or facilities shortages or delays which are experienced by providers of internet services generally, or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Except as otherwise set forth in the Dispute Policy with respect to disputes, this Agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.